Essential Oils have gained a fashionable reputation despite lacking sufficient research to prove the benefits attributed to their use. However, there has been enough interest and desire for their use during some therapy sessions that we provided this service.
Benefits attributed to some Essential Oils:
- Peppermint: boosts energy and aids digestion
- Lemon: aids digestion, alleviates headaches, improves mood, and more
- Bergamot: reduces stress and improves skin conditions similar to eczema
- Lavender: relieves stress (one of our favorite)
- Chamomile: improves one’s mood and promotes relaxation
- Tea Tree: fights infections and helps boost immunity
- Jasmine: helps reduce depression, childbirth, and libido
- Rose: used to improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Ylang-Ylang: used to treat headaches, nausea, and skin conditions
- Sandalwood: used to calm nerves and help with focus
Essential oils, when used with carrier oil are usually considered safe. However, if you have any history of adverse reactions to essential oils, please inform your therapist. Any specific claims made related to their benefit is merely the opinion of the individual therapist and not necessarily the opinion of Intervention Massage LLC.